So Baroque is Punk now apparently…or at least these stupid bitches think so. There is nothing punk about these clothes, nothing in the least. They are all modelled after styles of the establishment from 300+ years ago…Queens, what sense does that make. While they are some of my favorite clothes, they make no goddamn sense.
Katy Perry is the only one of these people who at least tried to make some contrived sense of her punk look…she brought up Joan of Arc. Although that works, a dress with a more armor appearance would have been better….Paco Rabanne ? She wasn’t a Queen she was a peasant.
WORST DRESSED LIST
1, Jake Gyllenhall’s sister(spelling, I don’t give enough fucks to check it) looked like she could give a fuck less to be there. Why go if you aren’t going to put ANY effort into it. A plain simple fugly red dress that could be any dress from old navy.
2. Sarah Jessica Parker: Simply because she tries too hard. That and the baroque theme again, I get it…its Chaos to Couture but to me it still doesn’t read punk. Its very similar to Gaga’s McQueen outfit from the 2010 VMAs. She was wearing custom plaid Louboutin boots…opposite of punk. Trying way too hard.
3. Jennifer Lawrence… just whoring out Dior as usual. Nothing punk in this whatsoever. They pick a theme for a reason, try doing it or just dont fucking go. Nobody really gives a fuck about you anyway so you should at least try. Dior gets dull after a while…Love the dress but makes no sense!!!!!!!!
1. Anne Hathaway…can’t believe I’m saying it… I usually hate her clothes but she really looked punk-couture tonight. She got it. She said it was vintage (1992) from Valentino…but still. She looked great.
2. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley – Ok, Im nor sure this is uber punk but I like it. Its actually probably my favorite dress from the night.
3. Miley Cyrus looked flawlessly punk while still wearing real fashion…. Marc Jacobs column dress. I thought it was chainmail when she was walking up the steps but then its apparently fishnet? Can’treally tell but its fabulous.
Nobody really seemed to understand the theme or how to execute it. Lots of Givenchy on the scene tonight…dull. Its not punk to me. It can be styled punk with their noserings and their models but on a movie star its just a fancy dress.
Lots of missed opportunities tonight. Versace did an entire collection this year called VUNK…nobody seemed to be wearing that. Lots of archive McQueen would have worked…nowhere to be seen. Kinda boring. Sorry Vogue, Met and Moda Operandi.
ALSO the interviewers on Vogue’s Live Stream… model Hilary Rhoda and random gay Bill Norwich were incredibly rude and irreverent to every guest of the ball leaving many offended looking as they walked off. Most noticeable was Vivienne Westwood, the Queen of Punk who was speaking when basically interrupted and cut off by the random gay. They seemed so interested in sticking to script that they asked ‘who are you wearing…can you explain it’and then as the guest was explaining they cut them off mid sentence and said ‘thank you, have a great night goodbye’. Many people looked pissed. Miley Cyrus offered to shake Hilary Rhoda’s hand after the interview and was ignored. Dolce and Gabbana didn’t really get to speak…it was just a mess.